Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why should I use your apartment finding service?
- save you a considerable amount of time searching
- feel safe in our system
- clear rules which ensure and protect your tenancy rights
- provide full documentation in English language
- have the biggest experience in student housing
- provide you with the best accommodation solutions in Patras
- have clear rules which ensure and protect your tenancy rights
- provide full documentation in English language
- Are available for any problem arising concerning you stay but also your life in Athens.
- Are here to facilitate your life abroad and create the appropriate accommodation conditions for the best period of your life – your stay in Patras.
- Can I only reserve a room for the fixed academic semesters’ dates?
No, you can send us a request at email@example.com for custom dates too. However, please, notice that the minimum contract’s duration that we can provide is for 3 months.
- Do I need to pay in order to search for an apartment?
No, the search is 100% free of charge. StayInAthens charges a minimum administration fee (40 euros), payable only after you proceed to a room reservation. This fee is a fixed amount that is payed once and is meant to cover the administrative costs of StayInAthens.
- My grant/scholarship will be delayed and I currently don’t have the funds to pay for my accommodation. Can I still rent an apartment?
Of course you can! We can arrange a multiple installments scheme that will enable you to ensure your Erasmus experience, even with limited funding. All you have to do is contact us, explain your financial situation and we will propose the most convenient payment scheme that suits you.
- What is the normal payment planning for a tenant?
Concerning your payment, please have in mind that you can pay the amount of your rent in total or in some installments. The number of the installments depends on the duration of your stay. Send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the period of your stay and we will make sure to reply with a detailed payment plan
- What are the payment methods that your system supports?
We support Bank Transfers and in some cases you can also pay in Cash at our office.
- What happens in case of cancellation?
This depends on when you cancel your reservation. If you inform us about it early on, you can retrieve the whole amount you have payed except for the administration fee. If the cancellation takes place in less than a month meaning 30 days from the starting date of the contract, you will get back the amount you have paid deduced by the administration fee and the safety deposit, which is given to the apartment owner as compensation.
- What happens in case of cancellation due to Corona Virus?
As previously explained you can always cancel till one month before the start of the semester without explaining the reason why so you can always cancel till one month before your start of contract and you will not lose your payment except for our administration fee which is not refundable in all cases.
However, if the cancellation takes place later and it is because of coronavirus then we will only need a document from your University explaining this. So in that case where we receive a mail from your university telling us they cancelled the semester then our policy is that you receive all your money back (except for our fee). And this is valid even if the cancellation takes place one day before arrival. However, without an Institutional decision but only your decision to cancel some days before your arrival then the deposit is not refundable.
- What additional costs do I have to pay apart from the rent?
There are no hidden costs that you will be asked to pay during your stay. All the bills and expenses (water, electricity, internet, heating) are included in the rent price. However, there are “normal consumption limits” for water and electricity, in order to guarantee that no misuse takes place in the apartment.
- What electrical equipment and kitchen utensils are available in the flat?
This really depends on the apartment. The minimum required equipment includes washing machine for clothes, refrigerator, oven, pots, pans, plates, cups and cutlery. Pretty much all the basic staff needed for a comfortable stay! However, there are apartments that may also have additional equipment like coffee machine, sandwich maker, vacuum cleaner or kettle- please check the description of each flat for more detailed information.
- Should I bring my own bed sheets and towels or I will find some inside the flat?
You are highly advised to bring your own personal items meaning towels and bed linen, for obvious hygiene reasons. However, all of our apartments include second-hand items used by previous tenants which are clean.
What if I have friends or family members who want to visit me and stay in my apartment for a few days?
Visits from friends and family are permitted as long as consent is attained from fellow tenants and the owner of the apartment. So, this is something that you should discuss with the apartment owner and your future roommates upon arrival.
- What if I arrive in my apartment and I don’t like it?
You have a 3 day trial period to report all the issues arisen and request accommodation change. In case none of the available apartments in our housing list meets your requirements, you are eligible for a full refund of the rent (the administration fee is not refunded).
- When do I sign the contract?
The contract will be signed upon your arrival in Athens. In any case, you will receive in advance a copy of it via email, in order to read it thoroughly and discuss any concerns you may have. If you haven’t received one automatically, don’t hesitate to ask one at email@example.com.
- I have a pet. Is it difficult to find pet-friendly apartments?
In general, pets are not allowed in shared flats. In case you wish to share your stay with your furry friend, please send us an email and we can search for more pet friendly options (e.g. private studios).
- What if my flight gets delayed?
In case of a delay, you are kindly requested to give us a call at +30 210 8820898 so as to estimate the time you need to reach us at the office. If the flight is much delayed meaning you will finally reach us late night hours we can organize that you head directly at your apartment and meet your flat mates there.
- What are the checkout procedures?
At the last day of your stay (or the one before), the owner of the apartment or a member of our team will pass by for the checkout inspection meaning, to check your room and the shared spaces of the apartment for damages and cleanliness. If everything is left at a proper condition, you will receive your safety deposit back. At the checkout you will need to return your apartment’s keys.